Last updated: March 02, 2020
At Rodocodo, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website and subscribers to our newsletter. Here you’ll find information on how we treat data that we collect from visitors to our website, or when someone subscribes to our newsletter.
We have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
What data do we gather?
We collect the following information from users of our site:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Website usage data.
How do we get your data?
We get your data when you or your school supply it to us either by emailing us your details or the data you supply when you sign up for our Newsletter or register on the site. We do not buy or trade any information with third-parties.
How we use this data?
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from Rodocodo, enabling us to continuously improve.
Specifically, we may use data:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- For our own internal records.
- To send you updates on the progress of your Students.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we use a variety of methods, such as secure connections and encryption technologies to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
At Rodocodo, we take children’s privacy very seriously. Our game (game.rodocodo.com) is designed for children, and as such does not ask children for any personally identifiable information. Our website (www.rodocodo.com) is only for adults (parents and teachers) over the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We do not sell personal details to third parties for any purpose nor will we share your personal data with any organisation for their own marketing communications.
We use Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
We use MailChimp to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Note: You may still receive emails from us after you’ve opted out of receiving general mailings. However, this will only be account critical things such as if you opted to change your password.
Links to other websites
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete all the personal information that we hold. Email us with your request at [email protected].
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review.