1. Setting up multiple classes
Before your students can start using Rodocodo you need to register them on the system. This guide will show you how to import multiple classes using a CSV file. If you only want to set up a single class then use the adding your class guide.
Preparing the CSV file
Your CSV file needs to be in the following format:
So for example if you have have two students (Scott Summers and Jean Grey) in your Year 3 class, 3C, and two students (Tony Stark and Natasha Romanoff) in your Year 4 class, 4D. The data might look like this:
Note: The students don’t have to be in any particular order.
Exported as a CSV file it would look like this:
username,password,forename,surname,gender,class,group jeang,passwd2,Jean,Grey,F,3C,Year 3 natashar,passwd9,Natasha,Romanoff,F,4D,Year 4 tonys,passwd5,Tony,Stark,M,4D,Year 4 scotts,passwd1,Scott,Summers,M,3C,Year 3
Import multiple classes
- Log in at https://www.rodocodo.com/admin
- Go to the Classes page.
- Click on the “Import Classes” button.
- Click on the button below Upload file and select your CSV file to upload.
- Click on the “Create student accounts” button. Note: Only click once! It may take a few seconds depending on how much data you are importing.
If there are errors in the file, the page will display an error message stating which line(s) of the CSV has the problem. Please fix the errors and save your changes then go back to Step 4 to upload your updated file. If you’re unable to solve the issue then please get in touch with us at [email protected], and we’ll be happy to help.
If there are no errors the system will successfully import your classes.
7. Click on the “Students” button to view the class username and passwords.
Your students can now log in at https://game.rodocodo.com and start using the system.